I will be delivering this free Publons Academy Webinar for Peer Review Week 2018 on Thursday 13th September, along with Julia Mouatt, Head of the Academy and my close collaborator in developing the course.
We will be hosting two sessions on the day; 10am and 5pm (London,UK time)
The 1-hour webinar covers the first four modules of the Publons Academy, and will count towards their completion in the course itself. There will also be time for questions at the end of the session.
In the session we will:
- give an overview of the peer review process in academic publishing,
- discuss what editors look for in a peer reviewer
- discuss the ways early career researchers can get in to peer review
- go through the structure of a peer review report
- highlight ethic issues such as bias and conflicts of interest.
Visit this page for more information and to register: https://publons.com/community/academy-webinar-registration
(I also need to update my picture, I look a little unkempt!)